1 The Muppet Mindset: Muppet Fan Art Showcase: Phoenix Alvarado and Rebecca Whitaker

Oct 15, 2012

Muppet Fan Art Showcase: Phoenix Alvarado and Rebecca Whitaker

The OTHER Muppet Babies

Phoenix Alvarado -
In 1984, the Muppets took Manhattan and during their time there Miss Piggy had a dream where the six main Muppets were shown as babies. These would be known to Muppet fans everywhere as the Muppet Babies. Originally just Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, and Scooter the Muppet Babies when they got their own television show. The cast expansion would include infant versions of Animal, Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Robin (as tadpole of course), Camilla (in the form of Gonzo’s stuffed chicken), and Scooter's twin sister, Skeeter. Through the shows eight year run a couple other babies were added such as Bean Bunny, Janice, and even a baby version of The Muppet Show's backstage theater cat, Gaffer. But what about the other Muppets out there that was never presented on the show? What do they look like? Would a baby version of Dr. Teeth have a any teeth?

Scroll down as I present what I think other Muppet characters would look like in a baby format! Witness what Walter would looked like as a baby! Wonder how Crazy Harry's parents would allow for their child to play with explosives! And be scared for life when you see Baby Sweetums! Be prepared to send in angry emails as we make your favorite Muppets into babies! Enjoy!
 Baby Floyd Pepper
Baby Dr. Teeth. Tooth less as can be without besides his golden tooth!
 Baby Zoot trying to hold up that saxophone!
 Baby Lew Zealand helping out the infant version of the Swedish Chef
Baby Beauregard with the baby version of Rizzo
Baby Pepe the King Prawn,OKAY?
Infant versions of Uncle Deadly, Sam the Eagle, and Crazy Harry
 Baby Walter probably enjoyed Sesame Street before he discovered The Muppet Show
And for the grand finale, Baby Sweetums

I hoped you all enjoyed! For more cartoon fun visit my YouTube channel, LaffoStudios! Thanks for reading and looking!

12 Muppeteers

Rebecca Whitaker - Everyone creates art based on the Muppets but I had never seen anything with the Muppeteers so I decided to create some myself!

It's 12 Muppeteers with a Muppet they are well known for performing. Starting on the left Karen Prell with Red Fraggle, Kermit with Jim, Telly with Martin Robinson, Jerry Nelson with Floyd Pepper, Steve Whitmire with Rizzo the Rat, Richard Hunt and Jim Henson with Ernie, Frank Oz with Bert, Bill Barretta with Mahna Mahna, Dave Goelz with Gonzo, Carol Spinney with Big Bird legs and Oscar the Grouch, and Kevin Clash with Elmo.
Click to enlarge






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Ow baby dr. Teeth hurts my face! Just kidding excellent job guys I love kermit with a jim puppet and love pepe as a baby actually I loved all of it! So amazing it makes me want to show my fan art which will never leave my room without concent from my brain *gulp* now off to study land where I have to study for a unit test again...for the next pretest of awfullness *sigh* hugs and giggles ~maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting my work, Ryan:) And great artwork, Rebecca Whitaker, I really enjoyed it and found it a unique choice to give Bill Mahna Mahna instead of Pepe which I found awesome:)

    Phoenix Alvarado

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing my Muppeteers drawing! It was so incredibly cool to see it on your excellent site! Loving the costume posts by the way ;)

    @Phoenix- Your art rocks! I love that baby Waletr! So fun! And it was a hard choice for me cause I LOVE Pepe but Mahna Mahna just felt right for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it because I find Pepe overused in todays Muppet world so everyone would no him better than classics like Uncle Deadly, Scooter, Rowlf, and of course Mahna Mahna! The only real reason I used Pepe in my cartoons was that so many loved him.

    BTW I saw your Facebook page with your art. Your work is fantastic! I really liked the Harley Quinn drawing esipically since she is (besides the Scarecrow) my favorite Batman villian! Keep up the great work! You should really go in the comic book industry.

    Phoenix Alvarado

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner