1 The Muppet Mindset: Your Most Prized Muppet Possession Responses

Jul 21, 2011

Your Most Prized Muppet Possession Responses

A few weeks ago we here at The Muppet Mindset asked the hard-hitting question... What is your Most Prized Muppet Possession? Well, you Muppet fans answered and now, below we have all of the answers that we received via email and comments on the blog. Remember, if you'd still like to submit your response, just comment on this post or send an email to Ryan Dosier at ryguy102390@gmail.com.

And now let's get things started...


These glasses are original--not bought off eBay--and I can remember getting them as a kid--as well as the McDonald's Christmas Muppet Babies stuffed Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie Bear--and the kids toys with Gonzo on the skateboard and Fozzie on the horse and Piggy in the pink car, etc. All are special to me, but I have very vivid memories of these glasses.
~ Derek Russell, host of Geek Out Loud and Starkville's House of El

When I was a kid, my dad was my hero for a lot of reasons, but not the least of which was because he did a KILLER Grover impression. He used to play with my sister and me for as long as his voice held out, reciting There’s a Monster at the End of this Book or just helping us learn our ABC’s. I don’t know where he got it – it had been around since before I was born – but the Fischer Price Grover puppet he used to channel his inner-loveable, fuzzy, blue friend is still the most important collectible I own, not just in my Muppet collection, but out of all my possessions. Since my father passed away, the puppet’s remained silent, but just looking at him brings back a flood of memories I wouldn’t trade for the world.
~ ToughPigs.com's own Matt Wilkie

I have an original art piece from The Kermitage Collection.  My Mom found it for around $60 in a antique store and bought it not knowing what it was worth.  It is one of a kind and I would not sell it for the world!
~ Jonathan Lewis






My most prized Muppet Possession is my 1 of 1 Muppet Picture drawn by Paul Madden and signed by Jim Henson. Paul is a family friend and for last Christmas my dad surprised me with this picture he had made for me. The story was that Paul had made a similar picture to this one for some sort of Muppet convention and it was ready to be signed off by Jim Henson but he ended up passing away before it was okayed. So the picture just sat on Jim's desk, and was never printed into a poster for the event. He redid the picture and had it displayed at the D23 Expo and that's where I first saw it, and then a year and half later I received the third revision which had more color, more Muppets and Jim Henson's Signature. It's my most prized Muppet Possession because it's truly one of a kind, and it encompasses the entire Muppet World.
~ Timm Griffith

A couple of years ago I had the privilege of interning at a production company called Digital Kitchen. As an intern, one of the things I had to do was help clean-up and get rid of the contents in their storage area. They had a lot of cool stuff, but the one thing that caught my eye was a large plaster chocolate chip cookie. I did a little research, and to my disbelief, I found out that it was a left-over prop from a PBS commercial they did involving Cookie Monster! Just barely trying to contain my excitement, I asked if I could have it and the folks there were more than happy to give it away. I was ecstatic! Not only at the thought of owning an actual Muppet prop, but because I realized there weren't too many prop cookies in existence that Cookie Monster hadn't demolished. Whenever I see my cookie I remember the time I spent working with some really talented people. I also humorously tell myself that the Cookie Monster saved a cookie for me.
~ Ivan Guerrero 


I have a connection with Rowlf the Dog.  I’m not sure how or why or when it started, but I think because he is so musical and music is a big part of my life, that somehow I just am drawn to Rowlf. And as time went by and my love for Rowlf grew, I realized I really wanted some sort of stuffed toy of Rowlf or a figurine or something. I needed Rowlf in my house, in my daily life. This wasn’t easy to achieve though, as most Rowlf stuffed toys or puppets on Ebay were kind of expensive. I lamented about this to my husband, poor guy who puts up with my craziness on a daily basis, and happened to be talking about it around Christmastime.

To my shock and excitement on Christmas morning, I opened first a small box from him that contained a small toy piano. I looked at him with a puzzled look and he smiled and directed me to a slightly larger box. It contained one of the stuffed Rowlf dolls that I had been drooling over on Ebay. The toy piano was an added bonus that he had found – but Rowlf looks perfect sitting next to it. I have him proudly on display in the middle of my living room and he is without a doubt the best gift I have ever received because it just so awesome that my husband sought this out on his own and that he knew how much it would mean to me. My collection is complete.  I will never, ever let go of my Rowlf.
~ Beth Kondrick

I have an original release, full size Kermit puppet and Animal puppet I bought after the launch of the very first Muppet Movie. I was 11. My favorite element was Animal's moveable eyebrows (loved how you could change his mood with the flick of a finger). My sis had a Miss Piggy from the same release, but we lost it over the years. These two are tucked away in a chest in my closet, but I think I'll have to pull them out to share again with my kiddos tonight.
~ Blair Keely

My Kermit stuffed doll I had since I was a muppet baby. He was given to me when I was about 1 year old. I believe the tag says 1976 or 77 (when I was born). He has velcro on his palms and I remember grabbing his hands and swinging him in circles to mimic him swinging on the fan in the bar scene of the muppet movie.
~ Joe Vollman  






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, ryguy102390@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Without a doubt, my favorite muppet possession is my beloved copy of Miss Piggy's Guide to Life. For a girl going out into the big bad world all by her lonesome, Miss Piggy's advice on dating, clothes, food and attitude were my survival guide for success. You have no idea how many real-life fashions I, um, fashioned based on her sassy, feminine look with the help of my little sewing machine which I stashed in the typing closet of my dorm. You rock Miss Piggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mine has to be my Fisher Price Animal puppet.

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner