1 The Muppet Mindset: Jim Henson's Fantastic World Takes Manhattan

Jul 1, 2011

Jim Henson's Fantastic World Takes Manhattan

We mentioned awhile ago that the extremely popular touring exhibit, Jim Henson's Fantastic World, was making its way to the Museum of the Moving Image in New York. The exhibition opens in all its fuzzy glory on July 16th and closes on January 16, 2012, so Muppet fans have plenty of time to visit the exhibit and its numerous special programs. What special programs, you ask? Well, the answer is simple, thanks to the handy calendar of events provided by the Museum online yesterday. Let's take a look, shall we?
To view a complete calendar of all screenings, workshops, and events be sure to check out the Museum's website for the special events coinciding with Jim Henson's Fantastic World.

If you're in the New York area, be sure to check out some of these special events and the absolutely amazing exhibit that is Jim Henson's Fantastic World! A chance to meet Fran Brill, Noel MacNeal, Austin Pendleton, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Craig Shemin, and the one and only Jane Henson is presented for you... take advantage of it if you can! I promise it's worth it!







The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, ryguy102390@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I wept. Just now. I freaking wept. I can't wait to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to write something up about your experience we would DEFINITELY be interested in running it as an article, Barking Alien. Email me to discuss if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went today as a last minute stop before catching a flight back to Florida. I came face-to face with Kermit and I choked up and got very misty.. When I saw Piggy in the wedding gown, I lost it.

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner